Harvest Church Caloundra
Welcome to our church in the new "Aura" development part of Caloundra - Sunshine Coast.
- We are meeting every Sunday at 9.30am at the Baringa Community Hall, 20 Edward Terrace, Baringa.
- We are a new church plant since May 2020 affiliated with Crosslink Christian Network.
- We are a Church with Biblically based absolutes and values, preaching the unchanging Word of God in a continuously changing culture.
- We are in an exciting pioneer stage, believing that God is wanting to do a mighty, new and fresh work here in Caloundra.
Since we are a new church there are plenty of opportunities to get involved. During this stage we want to get know one another and look for the right people to do those tasks and ministries in Harvest Church Caloundra. Are you willing to take on the challenge and join us?
Some things that are important values to us that might distinguish us from other churches:
- It is not about numbers in church, it's about real conversions, making disciples who contribute, not consumers but builders.
- Pray for and support Israel: Israel is our prophetic time clock and as Christians we are called to pray for the peace of Jerusalem. The Jewish people have been terribly persecuted throughout the centuries, even by people who called themselves "Christians". But history seems to repeat itself, but we need to continue to show our love, support and prayers for Israel.
- Pray, help and support financially persecuted Christians: there are presently more Christians persecuted and even killed for their faith in Jesus than any time in history. We can not sit by and do nothing.
- There are many teachings, practices & supernatural manifestations that have been introduced over the last years, but the Word of God / The Scriptures are the final authority in testing manifestations, healings and doctrine: If something can't be backed up from the Bible in the right context, it is not an acceptable doctrine, manifestation, prayer or practice.
- We believe in the imminent rapture of born-again Christians before the seven years tribulation.
- We are a non-denominational church and our model and example to follow is the church in the book of Acts.
VISION AND MISSION
- Proclaim the Gospel to see souls saved
- Impact our community, nation and world
- See the body strengthened in unity, maturity and wholeness
- Worship and glorify God
Jesus said: " I will build my church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it!" Matthew 16:18
We are God’s labourers. In Scripture we see that by being born again we become part of the wider body of Christ. Jesus Christ is building His church throughout the world and He has commissioned us to build it locally. As labourers we help build our local church. Fellowship though voluntarily , should not be considered lightly. It is a commitment through Christ to one another, so please consider the following commissions, commitments & blessings:
- Our commission to lead a godly moral life.
- Our commission to fellowship by regularly and punctually attending services and to participate regularly in communion.
- Our commission to be teachable and to always forgive one another.
- Our commission to pray both individually and collectively for our community, our church, our leadership, our national and local government and Israel.
- Our commission to evangelise, being a personal witness.
- Our commission to practice hospitality, reaching out and embracing others in fellowship.
- Our commission to bring our tithes and offerings into the House of the Lord.
- Our commitment and acknowledgement that Jesus Christ is absolute and Sovereign Lord.
- Our commitment to the Bible as the absolute, inspired, infallible word of God. Therefore submitting to its authority.
- Our commitment to support and acknowledge the leadership of our church
- Our commitment to serve the Lord through serving one another and our community, being faithful and loyal to the body of Christ.
- Our commitment to love the people of our church, in word and deed
- Our commitment to maintain the unity of the faith by building up, protecting and encouraging one another.
- Our commitment not to criticise or to listen to gossip, slander or talk unprofitably, negatively of any individual, our church and the wider body of Christ
BLESSINGS IN THE HOUSE
- Security and refuge in our family
- Fellowship, friendship and warmth
- Protection from wolves
- Spiritual food, nourishment and growth
- Life, healing and joy
- Love, care and concern
- Training and serving in ministry
- Discipline and correction
- Communion table
- Support in both spiritual and practical ways