Harvest Church Caloundra
Harvest Church Caloundra
Some things that are important values to us that might distinguish us from other churches:
- Church programs, buildings, numbers & finances in itself is not the goal & purpose of being church, but fulfilling & obeying that last words of our lord Jesus before He ascended up to heaven in Matthew 28:19 " Go therefore and make disciples....."
- Pray for and support Israel: Israel is our prophetic time clock and as Christians we are called to pray for the peace of Jerusalem. The Jewish people have been terribly persecuted throughout the centuries, even by people who called themselves "Christians". But history seems to repeat itself, but we need to continue to show our love, support and prayers for Israel.
- Pray, help and support financially persecuted Christians: there are presently more Christians persecuted and even killed for their faith in Jesus than any time in history. We can not sit by and do nothing.
- There are many teachings, practices & supernatural manifestations that have been introduced over the last years, but the Word of God / The Scriptures are the final authority in testing manifestations, healings and doctrine: If something can't be backed up from the Bible in the right context, it is not an acceptable doctrine, manifestation, prayer or practice.
- We believe in the imminent rapture of born-again Christians before the seven years tribulation.
- We are a non-denominational church and our model and example to follow is the church in the book of Acts.
VISION AND MISSION
- Proclaim the Gospel to see souls saved
- Impact our community, nation and world
- See the body strengthened in unity, maturity and wholeness
- Worship and glorify God
Jesus said: " I will build my church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it!" Matthew 16:18
We are God’s labourers. In Scripture we see that by being born again we become part of the wider body of Christ. Jesus Christ is building His church throughout the world and He has commissioned us to build it locally. As labourers we help build our local church. Fellowship though voluntarily , should not be considered lightly. It is a commitment through Christ to one another, so please consider the following commissions, commitments & blessings:
- Our commission to lead a godly moral life.
- Our commission to fellowship by regularly and punctually attending services and to participate regularly in communion.
- Our commission to be teachable and to always forgive one another.
- Our commission to pray both individually and collectively for our community, our church, our leadership, our national and local government and Israel.
- Our commission to evangelise, being a personal witness.
- Our commission to practice hospitality, reaching out and embracing others in fellowship.
- Our commission to bring our tithes and offerings into the House of the Lord.
- Our commitment and acknowledgement that Jesus Christ is absolute and Sovereign Lord.
- Our commitment to the Bible as the absolute, inspired, infallible word of God. Therefore submitting to its authority.
- Our commitment to support and acknowledge the leadership of our church
- Our commitment to serve the Lord through serving one another and our community, being faithful and loyal to the body of Christ.
- Our commitment to love the people of our church, in word and deed
- Our commitment to maintain the unity of the faith by building up, protecting and encouraging one another.
- Our commitment not to criticise or to listen to gossip, slander or talk unprofitably, negatively of any individual, our church and the wider body of Christ
BLESSINGS IN THE HOUSE
- Security and refuge in our family
- Fellowship, friendship and warmth
- Protection from wolves
- Spiritual food, nourishment and growth
- Life, healing and joy
- Love, care and concern
- Training and serving in ministry
- Discipline and correction
- Communion table
- Support in both spiritual and practical ways